Sunday, July 6, 2008

China Countdown Begins

Well - it is for real... one week from today we will be in Wuhan, China eagerly awaiting the meeting of our new daughter Amy Qi Everett. We are hardly able to believe this is actually happening and we are beyond excited. It really does feel like being pregnant and approaching your due date. I have even had all the nesting instincts and have very clean closets now! We would appreciate your prayers for all the adjustments that will take place very soon, for clear communication, safety, understanding, receptive hearts, our kids at home, and for wise choices in regard to where we invest our energies once home. This week will be full of paperwork preparation, animal care set up, packing, and lots more relating to getting Lucy, Matt and Jack situated. They have been amazingly mature and gracious about not going with us. Lots of details to manage so until Saturday... zaijain (good-bye - without the proper accent marks as I can;t figure those out on our computer)
Teri

5 comments:

Brandon Jelinek said...

JJ and I are very excited for you. Try to enjoy yourself over there and soak it all up. Take lots of pictures and videos if you can. You can never have too much. We look forward to meeting your new family member Amy. I am sure we will have lots of play dates. See ya when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Blessings on your travels! I am very excited to hear how everything goes. My the Lord grant you peace on your journey.
I'll see you in August!

Rich said...

Teri Mark,
Good luck in China and have a great time ! Dana and I are looking forward to meeting a new member of the family on our next visit

Plus I am so proud of you for figuring out how to blog you have really joined the modern world. before you know you it you'll even have pictures on this here blog

Chris & SONN Co. said...

WOW! From October to July is nine months. I won't ever forget the conversation in your kitchen, Teri, in October when the the process was in the first phase of pregnancy. We SOOOOO look forward to meeting your Amy! We pray blessings of a SAFE trip, INSTANT bonding and attachment, QUICK interpretation of tongues, and SLEEP. We hope to see you all soon and meet the "extended" cousin relation!

Love to all of you!

Unknown said...

Hi dear ones!
I finally got to the computer and read your blog in one sitting! WOW! What a journey the Lord has taken you on! I can so relate to the homesickness of longing for your whole family to be together! Annika and Britta are returning in two days!!!:) When will you get back? Amy sounds absolutely delightful and I loved to see the pics of all you have done together! I can't wait to meet your little girl and I chuckled at Mark's homesickness for cows, chickens and bales... We'll keep you in our prayers for the continued bonding, transitions, language barrier and trip home...
missing you,
Ingrid (for all of us)