Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bobble Head Everett

We are in China after leaving home almost exactly 24 hrs ago. Smooth flying and I only misplaced the tickets once. Misplaced is the key word as I knew where I left them...at the ticket counter. They were still there 30 minutes later. Had they not, we would have been stranded in Tokyo. Teri wonders if this " lose it" trait comes from my mom or dad?

Teri had a great time watching me try to sleep on the planes. She was almost cackling as she described the scene as "you look like one of those bobble head dolls" The other response was "don't sleep that way..you look dead". Teri slept beautifully with her face flat on the fold down table top bent a complete 90 degrees at the waist. She was able to breathe because her face was in the middle of one of those blow-up-put-behind-your-neck-sleeping-aids. We did manage to get some sleep and had breakfast at 11 pm Spokane time as we were arriving in Tokyo at 5 pm Tokyo time.

I had my first adventure in the Asian restroom. I felt the urinal design to be more ergonomically pleasing. I researched but did not use the "squatty potty" which in Tokyo was private. There is also another interesting choice that is very high tech. I can't pronounce it or spell it and I won't go into details.

We leave for Wuhan tomorrow.

Mark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL.You two are hysterical and provide much comic relief for mark and I, as well as information. Glad you made it safe! For heaven sakes Mark, pay attention to things like tickets, wallets, keys, ID, and anything else important!! Thanks for the update.

kr

Unknown said...

You sure paint a funny picture of plane sleep & Japanese pottys! Mark we HOPE that is the last of the misplaced items!! Matt got his needed items/Hank lets me know it is breakfast time/continuing prayers for all your family and looking forward to more travel humor and delights! love ya...mom