Friday, July 11, 2008

Labor Begins

It's 5:22 am and Mark and I have just finished packing -
we wouldn't want to disappoint any of you and get it done yesterday and sleep 8 hours before our 22 hour journey! Nah...That wouldn't be the Everett way now would it?

Anyway, beds have been purchased and set up (thanks Krisi) school work sorted and bookshelves organized (thanks mom), friends have been checked in with (great to visit Amanda and thanks for the ice cream Kristine), 5 cows were moved (thanks Terry and Joe), dogs are off to their vacation homes (thanks dad and McGowans), plants are in their new garden home (thanks Sherry), gifts for guides have been purchased (thanks Loree), children are delivered and cared for (thanks Couches, Sonnelands, Wursts, Zieglers, Mom, Wellers, Troop 380, and all who offered), chickens covered, (thanks Veenstras), Chinese money secured (thanks Karl), trailer stowed/fixed? (thanks Todd), travel bag and converter packed (thansk Katie and Terry), socks, undies and toothbrush for Amy bought (thanks Krisi) meds picked up - (thanks Sam) and scabies cream, pepto, and fannypacks checked off (thanks Dimmels) and the cat... oops!! - oh well - no problem, I have 2 more hours to figure that out when the neighbors wake up - tee hee... I have spent the week nesting like I am prelabor/delivery! What a week!!
Mark and I are humbled by our generous family and friends - thank you sooooo much for making this as smooth as possible for our family. It means so very much!!!!

We leave for the airport in 2 1/2 hours and I think I might have to catch an hour of sleep before I fall asleep on this keyboard -

Thanks again for your encouragement and prayers and sharing our excitement in this amazing process and privilege of bringing home another daughter!

P.S. Lucy, I found the missing phone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mark and Teri,

Good luck on your journey. We will be keeping you in our prayers and are very excited to meet your little Amy Qi when you return.

MR

Hey you, I'm on the blog!! It was good to talk to you today; I feel like an emotional wreck and I'm not even the one adopting. I am thinking of you constantly and will be checking your progress every day. Love you! kr

Unknown said...

Hey dear ones...you sure have lots of "midwives" for this birthing process..Praise God for so many loving helping hands...I SLEPT for you two today (about 2 hrs.) after leaving your house and doing the deed you asked of me..saw Treat..she was in hot pursuit of a mouse who was paralyzed by her! she won't starve and she let me pet her too....keeping you in frequent prayers!!! HOPING to hear you both got some sleep on plane..BLUEBERRY GUM..here we come!! teehee MOM