Thursday, July 17, 2008

things I'm pondering

Friday am - last day in Wuhan: With the exception of missing my kids, extended family and great friends, many aspects of this trip are growing on me. I have moved from, "get me home ASAP" to "hmm, there is a lot to learn here from these people, this type of a "vacation" and Amy herself, of course. I haven't had this much space in my brain, or time to think in maybe 20 years? Don't worry, there's still no place like home, but maybe a perspective check will improve home!

Sat. am first day in Guangzhou - Okay - I can't explain all that I was pondering now - our pace has changed dramatically and everything is different here! Wow - back to an American way it seems - for better or for worse. At lest a hundred Western families at breakfast in the hotel and much hustle and bustle even for the locals here. THis hotel is a 5 star on steriods!! I will tell all about it later - we have to get some laundry done -

Pictures coming later today. Medical exam for Amy and paperwrk to do now.

I saw the place Amy was left yesterday - I still am fighting back tears thinking about it and seeing the place only intensified my sadness - I cannot imagine. It was not a bus station but a bus stop - in a very poor area - I hurt for her and my love continues to grow simutaneously.
Okay - I really have to go!! Ugh
TEri

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Mom, Dad and Amy...
I miss you. We are now at Gramma's house having fun watching a video of the Shangai circus. Camp Spalding was a blast! lots of swimming, trail rides, good food and no troubles with stomach:) It was fun to hear Amy's voice, and I am praying for you...love Matt

Dearest Teri..I can't even fathom how it felt to see where sweet little Amy was left(abandoned)..was Amy with you?? so..now you are with other American's in a totally different city..looking forward to time with your kids this weekend!! Hank had a happy reunion, leeping, barking, doing sommersaults all over Jack & Matt..and THEN me too!!! soooo glad you are finding time to share your impressions, thoughts and feelings..we are soo very much in prayer for the 3 of you!!! love and hugs to that lil' darlin girl!! and you too.. Jack says HI

Unknown said...

OKAY...I got the pix (Starbucks...whooooeeee, Teri)..Mark..what a fashion statement!!!...Amy's pingpong winking face imitation of Mark..LOLOLOL..I don't know if I can handle so many diverse emotions all in one sitting..thanks, thanks, thanks..love ya..MOM

Weller4 said...

Wow. So much to take in - aren't you thankful God gives you the grace to handle it - as well as all that lies ahead. I am so thankful the transition has gone so smoothly. Did you ever set up a Skype account? Jack will be here tomorrow and we would love to hook up if possible. Blessings.

Unknown said...

Mark..YES...you are so blessed to have an "easy" so far transition. imagine meeting your friends from MD??? YES..we will pray for those families that are having hard times with their new little ones. REAL Chinese food is not like the CHINESE buffet restaurant here in good ole Spokane.huh? I am sure the FIVE *** LOVE of the Everett home will override the hotel treatment...even IF it means oatmeal and grapenuts!! but I can't picture you ever eating chicken feet..isn't that a game anyway?? teehee..Teri..a little neatnick..that will be interesting to see how she develops..love to you all..MOM